Saturday, August 1, 2015

Conscious Cat Sunday: Are You Making Summer Memories?

cat-window-seat

Summer is my favorite season, and I always feel that it passes much too quickly. So far, it’s been a great summer. Even though up until last week, I was buried in a deadline for my two new books (I turned them in to my publisher last Friday), I still made time for summer pleasures. Now that my schedule isn’t quite so intense, I’m going to make sure that I savor each warm, sunny day and make plenty of memories to get me through the cold, dark days of winter.

Think back to some of your favorite summer memories – I’ll be you anything that most will take you back to your childhood. It seems that once we grow up, making summer memories takes a back seat to our busy schedules. And yet, it’s more important than ever to take advantage of the season: relax a little, give yourself permission to be lazy, and do something fun.

Making summer memories doesn’t require going on vacation, although, of course, it’s great if you can do that. Some of the best summer memories come from small moments right where you live: an evening stroll with a good friend, watching the fireflies in your backyard, or eating a really great piece of watermelon.

I’m making my summer memories by spending time with friends, eating at my favorite outdoor restaurants, going for long walks, spending afternoons on my sunny deck reading, and, of course, hanging out with Allegra and Ruby, who are also summer girls. Even on the hottest days, they love hanging out in the sun puddles and refuse to let me close the blinds to conserve some energy.

What are you doing to make summer memories? Anyone want to go for ice cream with me?

reading list banner final

The post Conscious Cat Sunday: Are You Making Summer Memories? appeared first on The Conscious Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment