Thursday, September 3, 2015

Review: My Pet Human by Yasmine Surovec

my-pet-human-yasmine-surovec

From Yasmine Surovec, the creator of Cat Versus Human, comes a new  book, My Pet Human*. Aimed at children ages 6 through 10, the book tells the story of Oliver, and independent cat who has the run of his neighborhood and pities his animal friends who share their lives with humans. But when a young girl moves into town, he decides to take this opportunity to train a human.

As Oliver helps the girls adjust to her new home, he realizes that perhaps, he needs her just as much as she needs him.

my-pet-human

I’ve long been a fan of Yasmine Surovec’s cartoons. She has a unique way of capturing cats and their varying personalities and the humans who serve them. Her whimsical drawings always make me smile or nod my head in recognition.

This is a sweet little book and a wonderful way to introduce young children to the joy of sharing life with a special cat.

*FTC Disclosure: This post contains Amazon Associate links. This means that if you decide to purchase through any of our links, we get a small commission. We only spread the word about products and services we’ve either used or would use ourselves.  

reading list banner final

The post Review: My Pet Human by Yasmine Surovec appeared first on The Conscious Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment