Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Ruby and the Leaves

cat-at-window

Today’s post title sounds like the name of an indie rock band, doesn’t it! Ruby has become fascinated with the first dried up leaves that have been blowing onto our deck for the last few days. To me, they’re a sad reminder that summer is coming to an end soon, but to Ruby, they’ve been a source of endless entertainment, as you can see in the video below.

Ruby: What leaves? Can’t you see that these things are alive? They’re running and jumping all over the deck! I must vanquish them! Wee!!!!

Allegra: You’re such a silly goose, Ruby.

Ruby: Sheesh, Allegra, I though you knew everything. I’m not a goose, I’m a cat!

Allegra: sighs.

Interestingly, Ruby shows absolutely no interest in the leaves when I bring a few inside for her.

scratching-beam

And in case you’re wondering about the scratching post she is sitting on, it’s the new Scratching Beam from the Felix Katnip Tree Company, which we recently reviewed. It has become Ruby’s favorite spot for some early morning birdwatching.

SE banner formulas for cats Allegra 25 off

The post Ruby and the Leaves appeared first on The Conscious Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment