Thursday, January 14, 2016

Cat Coloring Books Provide Relaxation and Fun

cat-coloring-books

A couple of weeks ago, I shared some of the proven benefits of coloring for adults. Studies show that the structured, rhythmic motion of coloring eases you into a meditative state, which allows you to push negative thoughts and worries out of your mind, and which induces a profound sense of relaxation. Coloring is also a great way to explore your creativity. It’s no surprise that coloring books are topping bestseller lists around the world – and what’s even better is that there are a lot of cat coloring books available!

color-cats

I previously introduced you to Color Cats, which is the book I’ve been using. I started out with gel pens, and really loved working with them. However, I quickly realized that you can’t do shading very well with gel pens, and you really need to be able to do that to color torties, so I ordered a set of color pencils. You can see the initial result below.

cat-coloring-books

My torties still need a lot of practice, but I had so much fun trying!

creative-cats-coloring-book

I just started working with Creative Cats. As you can see from the cover, the designs are very intricate, and after my first attempt, I can assure you that this is not a coloring book for beginners! Creative Cats is the bestselling cat coloring book on Amazon right now.

Stress-relieving-cats-colorin

I also added Stress Relieving Cats to my list. These designs look more like the mandalas featured in the original adult coloring books.

cat-lovers-coloring-book

The Cat Lover’s Coloring Book also looks wonderful, with a slightly different style than the others, and is on my list to try next.

If the coloring craze has gotten hold of you, these books should give you some beautiful choices to pursue this wonderful past time. If you haven’t started coloring yet, give it a try. I bet you’ll be surprised at just how relaxing it is.

FTC Disclosure: This post contains Amazon Associate links. This means that if you decide to purchase through any of our links, we get a small commission. We only spread the word about products and services we’ve either used or would use ourselves.

reading list banner final

Tortitude launch party banner

The post Cat Coloring Books Provide Relaxation and Fun appeared first on The Conscious Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment