Saturday, February 27, 2016

Conscious Cat Sunday: How Cats Helped Me Find My Bliss

Ruby_Ingrid_The_Conscious_Cat

I’ve been on a journey of following my bliss for more than two decades now. Not surprisingly, cats have not only been teachers throughout those years, they also played a significant role in helping me guide me toward the fulfilling career I have now: writing about and working with cats.

A couple of weeks ago, I was the featured guest on Dr. Heike Jung’s weekly webinar series. Dr. Jung is a life coach, business owner and healer and the owner DBL Coaching. She began her career as a veterinarian working with large and small animals. She soon expanded her skills to become an equine chiropractor, a co-owner of a vet clinic, and a certified horse trainer. And it was the horses who taught Dr. Jung how to be a better leader. I met Heike at a continuing education seminar for veterinarians, and quickly realized that I had met a kindred spirit. Horses are to Heike what cats are to me: Heike’s book, Even Unicorns Need to Learn How to Fly: Horse-Inspired Lessons about Health, Wealth, and Relationships, is a collection of stories of how horses have been teachers and healers in her life.

Dr. Jung’s weekly webinars usually focus on veterinary topics, but since we both experienced guidance from animals in our lives, we felt that the topic of how pets help us find our bliss was one that her usual audience would enjoy as well. Some of you watched the webinar live and you asked some great questions. For those of you who missed it, I’m delighted to share the recording with you today.

We covered a lot of ground in just half an hour:

  • my path to working with animals
  • what it’s like to work with animals
  • how pets handle death
  • how cats can help us find bliss in our personal and professional lives
  • how I became a cat person
  • how the veterinary community views my work

For more information about Dr. Heike Jung, please visit http://www.DBLCoaching.com. Dr. Jung is offering a special 20% discount to Conscious Cat readers – use code ConCat at checkout.

reading list banner final

The post Conscious Cat Sunday: How Cats Helped Me Find My Bliss appeared first on The Conscious Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment