Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Global Pet Expo 2016: Highlights from the World’s Biggest Pet Product Show

global-pet-expo-2016

Last week I made my annual trip to Global Pet Expo in Orlando. This trade show is the largest pet product trade show in the US, with 6.3 miles of display space featuring 1,300 vendors from nearly 40 countries. I tried to see as much as I could in three days, and I know I walked a lot more than 6 miles each day! In the coming weeks and months, I’ll be bringing you a lot more information about some of the fantastic new products I saw there. Today, I’d like to share just a few personal highlights with you.

Hauspanther-cat-furniture

I was most excited about getting my first look at the new furniture line by Hauspanther’s Kate Benjamin. Kate is launching this new line in conjunction with Primetime Petz later this year. Needless to say, with Kate behind the design, the pieces in the collection are not only well-designed from a cat’s perspective, they’re also beautiful! I’ll show you the line in more detail later this week.

cat-scratching-post

Pioneer Pet Products introduced two new products I liked a lot: a variation of one of our all time favorite scratching posts, the Ultimate Scratch ‘n Play, and Bootsies Corner Scratcher.

pet-gps-tracker

Our friends at Podtrackers had a super cool booth display featuring creator Sebastian Langton’s gorgeous cat Smokey. Pod is still the smallest of the GPS trackers on the market, and as such, the one best suited to cats. Pod is one of the seven prizes you can win in our anniversary giveaway!

vesper-cat-furniture

I was delighted to see new products in the Vesper line of cat furniture by Hagen. Even after everything I saw at Global this year, I still consider this line one of the most beautiful lines of cat furniture. The line will also be available in a new pretty red color, in addition to the walnut and white finishes.

valerian-cat-toys

Bavarian Cat Toys had a super fun holiday display that made me remember my childhood Christmases in Germany. The display showed off some of their new holiday themed toys.

cat-bowl

Kate Benjamin with Mimi

The folks at Dr. Catsby’s booth had one of the most creative displays, and even better, they had a kitty at their booth! The lovely Mimi was one of the most mellow and relaxed cats I’ve ever seen and made a purrfect ambassador for this innovative bowl designed to prevent whisker stress.

Global-St.Patrick's-Day

with Nikki Moustaki, her dog Jasmine, and Kate Benjamin

And of course, no trade show would be complete without a little personal fun. On St. Patrick’s Day, a group of us went out to celebrate. And yes, I know it looks like Jasmine had a few too many cocktails, but I assure you that the only thing she had to drink was water!

Tortitude banner for posts with border

The post Global Pet Expo 2016: Highlights from the World’s Biggest Pet Product Show appeared first on The Conscious Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment