Monday, April 25, 2016

Review: Lacey’s Lookout™ Window Seat

cat-bed

I previously introduced you to the amazing Lacey’s Lookout™ Window Seat from The Savvy Pet. This luxury lounger is one of the most beautiful pieces of cat furniture I’ve seen in a while. Generously sized, this piece requires the right amount of floor space, and the right window, so cats can truly take advantage of all the benefits of “Cat TV.”

My house is small, and we already have a lot of cat furniture. After measuring, I realized that in order for the Lacey’s Lookout™ to work as a window seat, I’d have to do some serious furniture rearranging. The only two windows in my home that are low enough for the 27 inch high lookout to work are already taken up by bird viewing options that Allegra and Ruby love. I told Lacey’s Lookout™ creator Anna Florey that while I’d be happy to review this product, I probably couldn’t do it justice with photos in a window location. She still sent me one so the girls and I could experience it firsthand (firstpaw?).

cat-window-seat

And let me tell you, it’s even more beautiful than it looks in the photos.

Now mind you, it comes packed flat, and requires assembly. Those of you who have read me for a while know that I’m useless when it comes to “some assembly required,” and I usually need the help of a friend to do it. When I saw the number of pieces required to put the Lookout together, I thought “there’s no way.” The instructions, while detailed, didn’t help me. I’m very visual, and written instructions rarely work for me.

lookout pieces

Then I watched Anna’s assembly video. She kept saying “it’s easy.” “You can’t do this wrong.” And much to my surprise, she was right! Once I had the first two pieces joined together, assembly went quickly, and it took me less than ten minutes to put the Lookout together.

The girls were quick to check it out. Not surprisingly, Ruby was the first to jump up on it. I think she nicely shows off the generous sizing of the Lookout – she looks like the Princess on the Pea in the photo at the top of this post, doesn’t she?

Laceys-Lookout-window-seat

Lacey’s Lookout™ comes with a large step with a non-skid carpeted surface that is attached with screws rather than glue for easy cleaning. While most cats will be able to jump on top of the window seat without the step, it’s a great addition for older, arthritic cats. The window seat can be set up without the step. I did not assemble the step, but since the assembly steps are the same as for the Lookout itself, I know I could have easily accomplished that, too.

cat-window-seat

I only wish I had room for this beautiful piece. I think maybe it’s time to look for a new house – one that has a corner window like the one featured in the second photo (and I wouldn’t mind that particular view, either!) Until then, we’ll keep the Lacey’s Lookout™ as a very comfy bed, and maybe we’ll eventually rearrange some furniture so that we can use it as it was intended to be used.

Please read my introductory post to learn out more about this amazing piece of furniture, including details about the eco-friendly design, which includes the use of environmentally friendly wood, the cushion filled with polyfill made from recycled soda bottles, and a washable cover.

For more information about the Lacey’s Lookout™ Window Seat, please visit The Savvy Pet.

Exclusive 25% Discount for Conscious Cat Readers!

Enter code CC25-16 at checkout. Discount code is valid through May 18, 2016

FTC Disclosure: I received this product for review at no charge. I also received a fee to feature this product Receiving the free product and the fee did not influence my review. All reviews on The Conscious Cat will always reflect my honest and unbiased opinion. Or, as the case may be, Allegra and Ruby’s honest and unbiased opinion.

The post Review: Lacey’s Lookout™ Window Seat appeared first on The Conscious Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment