Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Allegra and Ruby’s 5 Current Favorite Cat Toys

5 favorites cover

This post contains Amazon Associate links*

If there was a Guinness World Record for “Most Spoiled Cat,” I’m sure Allegra and Ruby would be in the running to win that title. Between the toys we get for product reviews and the toys that I buy them (yes, I still buy them toys – did I mention that they’re spoiled?), there’s never a shortage of toys here. But as we all know, cats get easily bored with toys, so I tend to rotate toys in and out quite a bit. It always amazes me how a previously ignored toy  becomes a new favorite after it’s been hidden for a couple of weeks.

But among all of their toys, there are five that have been consistent favorites, even though they are never put away. I thought I’d let Allegra and Ruby introduce them to you.

SmartyKat Wave Scratcher

cat-wave-scratcher

Allegra: We both love this scratcher. I like to stalk toys from underneath.

Ruby: I like to sleep in the little cradle!

Ingrid: We’ve had this scratcher for five years, and it gets used every day – and it’s held up incredibly well.

The SmartyKat Wave Scratcher is available from Amazon with free shipping for Prime members.

Neko Flies Kittycatterfly

neko-flies-kittycatterfly

Ruby: Wee!!! I LOVE this toy!!! I love when Mom brings it out. I bat at it and jump and run and chase it all over the house.

Allegra: I like this toy, too, but I think Mom should get a second one so Ruby doesn’t hog it all the time.

Ruby: blows raspberry at Allegra.

Ingrid: Neko Flies toys have been a perennial favorite at our house for many years, and we have several different attachments, but this one seems to be a consistent favorite.

The Kittycatterfly and other NekoFlies products are available from Amazon with free shipping for Prime members.

Pioneer Pet SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post

SmartCat_Ultimate_Scratching Post

We have one of these right in the center of my office, and Allegra and Ruby both use it every single day. It’s nice and sturdy, and they can both run at it at full speed and it won’t even wobble.

The Ultimate Scratching Post is available from Amazon with free shipping for Prime members.

Ethical Products Springs

spring-cat-toys

Allegra: I love these springs! I pounce after them when Mom tosses them for me, and I bat them all over the house. I especially love it when I bat  them under furniture and Mom has to go retrieve them for me!

Ingrid: These springs are a hit with both girls, but Allegra in particular absolutely adores them. She’ll chirp at me as soon as she sees me reach for one. I bought three packs, and once we’re down to a handful of springs, we go on a “spring retrieval” mission. It’s always amazing to me where they wind up.

Ethical Products Springs are available from Amazon with free shipping for Prime members.

Peacock Feathers

peacock-feathers

Allegra: Playing with these feathers is so much fun!

Ruby: I love how Mom makes it interesting for us. She drags the feathers along the floor, up and down furniture, and makes us chase them.

Allegra: I like to chew on them, too!

Ruby: When I play with them, I feel like I’m chasing a real bird!

Allegra: Don’t be silly, Ruby. Peacocks are much bigger than you are!

Ruby: So? I can take one down!

There are many different peacock feathers available from Amazon. I have repeatedly ordered the Zucker Feather Products brand, and found them to last reasonably long even with rough play.

FTC Disclosure: This post contains Amazon Associate links. This means that if you decide to purchase through any of these links, we get a small commission. We only spread the word about products and services we’ve either used or would use ourselves.

The post Allegra and Ruby’s 5 Current Favorite Cat Toys appeared first on The Conscious Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment