Monday, September 5, 2016

The Brook Hike

When I was a young girl, I used to spend my summers at a camp in the mountains of Vermont. There was a lovely, shallow brook there, and my beagle-lab mix Happy and I would spend warm summer days hiking along the meandering path of the brook. I'd usually wear sneakers to protect my feet. In some places the water was dried up and I'd just walked on rocks. But most of the way it was a few inches deep, cool and clean.

Recently I went back to the place and spent the most beautiful afternoon, brook hiking with Ike. He took to it immediately and seemed to be having as much fun as I was that day.






 I was delighted when he plopped down and basked in the cool water--something he's never done in the little plastic kiddie pool I have for him at home.




I'll never forget reliving my childhood and spending a beautiful day in Vermont with Ike.

No comments:

Post a Comment