Saturday, June 18, 2016

Happy Father’s Day

Fathers-day-kitten

Whether your kids are human or furry, enjoy your special day!

Father’s Day can be bittersweet for those of us whose fathers are no longer with us. My dad passed away 12 years ago, but I still get a little sad when friends talk about what they’re going to do to celebrate, or when I see Father’s Day cards pop up in stores.

Two years ago, I shared some reflections on what it’s like for fatherless children, no matter what our age, to commemorate our fathers on Father’s Day. If Father’s Day is a difficult holiday for you, perhaps you’ll find some comfort in my suggestions on marking the day in a meaningful way. Click here to read the post.

Ingrid King with her father

Dad and me, during our last visit together

reading list banner final

The post Happy Father’s Day appeared first on The Conscious Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment